Although you may have heard tell of some of the legendary workplaces around the world, did you know South Africa more than holds it own when it comes to wild, wacky (and occasionally downright weird) workspaces? Here are Team Adzuna’s top five cool SA offices to make you leap out of bed on a Monday morning!
1. Presentation experts Missing Link have one of South Africa’s hippest places to forge a career… with a fireman’s pole, a tree house and a deli caravan, to name but a few of it’s fun features. Their website also boasts that clients and friends get free tattoos at their in-house tattoo parlour (charmingly named ‘Missing Ink’, no less) – what a way to say thank you for working with us!
2. Red Bull’s South African HQ in Cape Town is also totally awesome. It has been designed with wide-open areas, glass meeting rooms, industrial-inspired ceilings and swanky hang-out areas. For the athletically inclined amongst us, the cool sports-themed collector’s items adorning the office are enough to make any sports enthusiasts go green with envy. And if employees or visitors need a little R&R, the fully stocked games room is sure to be calling their name.
3. Advertising giant Ogilvy’s office in Cape Town boasts some pretty amazing features. The worldwide agency’s South African base hosts a meeting room that changes colour, stairwells that take your breath away and Rolling Stone inspired urinals.
4. Media24, the county’s leading publishing company, also has an amazing office to shout about. Occupying the 5th, 6th, and 18th floors of a high rise building on Cape Town’s foreshore, it has swish glass meeting rooms, calming wood tones and invigorating splashes of bright colour. It has an amazing assortment of lamps and fun furniture to keep employees engaged.
5. Last, but definitely not least, JWT’s South African HQ in Cape Quarter Lifestyle Centre in Cape town couldn’t fail to catch our eye. The office aims to put local talent at the heart of its look, with a whole host of local designers and artists getting involved. Boasting panoramic views of Table Mountain and Devils Peak, an amazing outdoor seating area and a mural by Atang Tshikare, we just couldn’t leave this one off our hot list.
Technically not an office, The Big Pineapple is pretty amazing nonetheless, and definitely deserves a mention. This unique building in Bathurst, uniquely shaped like an enormous piece of fruit, is the home of South Africa’s pineapple-growing history. Holding the accolade of tallest pineapple in the world and stands at nearly 17m high, it houses a pineapple museum, gift shop and tourist information centre.
If you fancy having playing arcade games or getting a free tattoo in your lunch break, or relaxing in an office surrounded by local art, you might want to take a closer look at some of these companies! So what are you waiting for? Head over to Adzuna and check out the vacancies.