A promising career opportunity exists within a dynamic agribusiness in the Vyeboom area near Villiersdorp for a suitable applicant with the appropriate technical skills and expertise.
- Maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment in both pome (apple & pear) and blueberry packhouses and cold storage facilities.
- A key function will be to supervise the packhouse cleaning staff
- Ensure equipment breakdowns are attended to ASAP to limit downtime.
- Provide technical expertise to the workshop team
- Artisan with a Trade Test Certificate.
- Experience in mechanical work in a pack house and/or cold stores environment would be a great advantage
- Being able to interpret electrical diagrams and manufacture mechanical equipment from plans will count in your favour.
- Welding experience. (Tig & Arc)
- Work autonomously but also co-operatively with other pack house technicians and handymen.
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking English or Afrikaans.
- Willing to work shifts at certain times of the year