Elstelm Farming, an established and progressive dairy farm in the Swellendam District, offers the following exciting career opportunity:
Job position: MAINTENANCE PERSON
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the Maintenance Person will be responsible for the maintenance of all vehicles, machinery, equipment, physical structures, pipes, pumps, irrigation and electrical systems on the farm. The successful candidate will also be involved in dairy farming operations when needed. Must be prepared to work overtime when necessary and to do scheduled weekend services as determined by the Senior Manager.
Remuneration and benefits:
A house on the farm will be provided as well as a vehicle for work purposes. The salary will be market-related and is negotiable.
We invite candidates, who are energetic, hardworking and hands on to forward their comprehensive CV to Vera van Leeuwen Consultancy.
Applications will end: Monday, 20 July 2020.
Education and skills
1. Grade 12.
2. A mechanical/maintenance qualification will be an advantage.
3. Extensive knowledge of the repair and maintenance of farm equipment,
irrigation pumps and irrigation systems.
4. Extensive knowledge of the mechanical works of tractors, trucks and
5. Computer literacy in Microsoft Office programs is a recommendation.
6. A drivers license is compulsory. Code 14 will be an advantage.
1. A minimum of 3 years applicable experience on the maintenance and repair of agricultural machinery and equipment is compulsory.
2. Experience in arc, tig and mig welding.
3. Experience in dairy management is a recommendation.
2. Problem solver
3. Teachable and trainable
4. A natural leader
7. Good people management skills
8. Team player
9. Personal and professional integrity
10. Passion for farming, the outdoors and a love for animals
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: